Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas ♥

So here I am, a billion kilos heavier, yet très très contente*...





Christmas in France is an experience I'll never forget :) It was amazing to be part of the family; I felt comfortable, happy and at home. ^^


On the contrary, I spoke to Australia 3 times in the space of 24hrs, was that a good idea? It made me miss them, but it was so nice to talk to them at the same time. There was this one moment where I remember how every Christmas, we sit by the christmas tree and my Nanna puts on her santa hat and gives out the presents, it sounds silly but kind of upset me...



ANYWAY, I think me, SuziQ and Katie have reached the 'I miss Perth' stage. We are all in love with France, but we miss our family and friends. If I could bring the whole of Perth to France with me, I think THAT would make a perfect Christmas. (:


Here are some highlights from the Celebration;




Present wrapping;
























And present giving;



















An epic eat fest; ^^






















Trying Foie Gras; :O
Which may I mention wasn't all that bad!
It tastes like the texture of cream cheese and the flavour of salt.
Oh and it also tastes like obesity. LOL Jannie ^^



















Bouche de Noel, aka a French Christmas cake;
We ate 3 of them in 2 days!
Oh and the little chocolate one was just for me :D



By tradition, we did all the celebrating on Christmas Eve. I went to Christmas Mass which was the most beautiful thing ever, and then we started dinner at 10.30pm! Therefore, After eating, eating, eating, and opening presents ^^, we finished the celebrating at 3AM. Yep, I'm serious :D So we all slept until midday, and then started Christmas day 'lunch' at 4pm.



Overall, it was an amazing couple of days, I hope you all had the most amazing christmas too! Even if it was 40 degrees and you were having a BBQ while in Rouen it was sitting on a comfortable zero, and I was eating duck liver! XD What a contrast :)


Miss you Perth! ♥
Also, missing my Wallooppillai's in QLD, and my girlies in Dijon and Metz. I can't wait to squidge you all! Paris blog coming soon :)
à bientôt!
Dani xoxo
p.s. *for all you non frenchies, très très contente = very very happy :)




6 comments:

  1. well looks like you had an amazing french christmas dani :]

    still cant believe you ate the liver lol hahahahahahahahaa :P

    well anyway i miss you heaps

    *hugs*
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah nice Big sis

    Hope u had a great time
    Love u
    From ur AWESOME brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dani,

    Sounds like so much fun - great to see you smiling and enjoying yourself!! And *rolls eyes* I'm sure you are still as slim as ever!


    Best wishes from Perth, see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy Dani :)
    im loving all your blogs and now i finally know how to comment on them haha
    glad to see and hear your Christmas was great! the food looks incredible!
    Hope you have a Happy New Year
    seeyou soonish :)
    keep smiling!
    God Bless
    xox abi
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got your own cake! WOW! your host family must LOVE You! haha! Hope you are having as much fun as it looks like your having ;) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Looks like youre having a ball Dani!

    "Bouche de Noel, aka a French Christmas cake;
    We ate 3 of them in 2 days!
    Oh and the little chocolate one was just for me :D"

    hahahahahahaha

    You were probably in heaven...

    And you actually trying that fat/liver stuff... ewwwwww... But as long as it had the texture of cream cheese and the flavour salt? then i wont judge... oh wait...

    anyway... its great to see youre having such a great time!

    Missing you

    Janro

    ps. Cause I was mentioned in this blog... I WIN! haha

    ReplyDelete